The Children’s Center employs teachers with either bachelor's or associate's degree in Child Development/Early Childhood Education or closely-related fields. Open full-time employment opportunities are posted with UNL Human Resources.
We hire energetic and positive-attitude UNL students (especially education majors) to teach and play with children ages 6 weeks to 5 years, under the guidance of full-time teachers in an excellent on-campus child development learning facility.
As a part-time employee, you can expect to:
- Carry out lesson plans for kids ages 6 weeks to 5 years.
- Assist full-time teachers in teaching curriculum across 12 classrooms.
- Interact with parents & guardians during drop-off and pick-up times.
- Engage children in play and recreation activities.
- Learn early-child-development practices in a real-world laboratory from seasoned professionals.
- Maintaining classroom by assisting teacher staff with miscellaneous duties.
Starting wage is $13.00 per hour for 5–20 hours per week. Flexible daytime work shifts are from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday–Friday.
Part-time positions are open to UNL students. On-site job training is provided. Successful part-time hires must be CPR/First Aid-certified within 30 days of employment and have DHHS fingerprinting on file (both are employee’s expense). CPR/First Aid/AED classes are offered onsite and DHHS fingerprinting is reimbursed after a full semester of employment.